Wednesday, July 23, 2014

ONE OF THE WORST CHIC BOY BRANCH I'VE EVER WENT TO

Well after typhoon Glenda hit home, there's nothing much left to do with all the power/water/wifi outages in town. For the first few nights I actually found it romantic eating with all the candle lights and with only them to sustain the dim lit vision all night. But past forward four days and it's not helping anybody's mood already. So we just had to eat out.
     Living in Imus, Cavite has its downside, actually many of them. Unlike living in other areas in the south (Las Piñas, Parañaque, Muntinlupa ), there's only so many places you can go in times like these. Yes malls have been springing up everywhere, but there's still this lack of those small, quaint yet modern and hip restaurants that all the latter has. All we have is fast food, chains and chains of them. So in times of hunger, you really have no choice but to resort to one. 
   So that night, I was craving for Sisig , and one of my faves is Chic Boy, I've always been a fan. It's cheap, tasty and will always give your belly the blob it needs. It offers Unlimited Rice and soup, overflowing chicken oil, mountains of fried garlic to go with all your high blood inducing foods. What else can you actually ask for? 


So I grabbed my hubby to go to the nearest outlet, and it's in V Central Mall Molino. We got there at around half past eight and people are still lining up in the counter. We immediately ordered our food,  Lechon Sisig for me and Liempo for him. They're both Unli-Rice. We sat down and waited for our order, I gently asked one of the waiters if they have fried garlic, and with a very delighting smug look on his face he answered a stiff, "WALA." Fine I'd let that pass, but past forward 20 mins. that's only when our dishes came. And my hubby even got the wrong one, the smug waiter kept on insisting he ordered a chicken leg. So I gave him our receipt. He checked then went away, thankfully after around 5 minutes he came back with the right order. Okay time to eat, finally.

As I was looking at my most awaited food, I readily realized something's not right. This isn't what I ordered. This isn't Sisig, this is OIL with a few spoons of meat.  
This is what their website says it's supposed to look like (Lechon Sisig)

And this is what I got: 


Really, are they serious? I'm not picky when it comes to food, but seriously, can you even call this food?  I tried to eat it since I'm really hungry, I tried scooping the less oily stuff out of the death pool but it just didn't work. I just scavenged a few slices of meat from my hubby. 

I'm a big fan of this restaurant, and I'm not against them in any way. But some of their branches really need to step up. If you want to maintain that good reputation then please hire qualified people, not to mention friendly. It's all about service. And with this branch, I'm not sure if they really have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment